Thursday, December 23, 2010

Taking a break and having fun!






Hi all! Today my DH and DS and I went to Pigeon Forge. Our first stop was the Harry and David store in the Five Oaks shopping area. At least that is where I think it was. I wasn't doing the driving. Whew, was that place crowded! My goal was to buy some lemon curd. It is delicious on scones! You should try it sometime.

From there we went to Dollywood. Even with several layers of clothing it was cold. One of the things we did was ride the carosel. I rode a goat, of course, while the rest of my family rode horses. Too bad they don't have the brass rings for you to try and catch anymore. I always enjoyed trying to catch some.



Then we rode the train.We love steam engines! Diesel engines just don't have the same appeal. We have ridden on several over the years and we never cease to enjoy them.

Then we saw a couple of shows. They were wonderful! We were so glad the Smoky Mountain Christmas show was inside so we could get warm. While we were in the show it got dark so we walked around looking at all the wonderful lights. They are incredible! Just beautiful!

There you have it. This is what this family did today. No work, no chores, no weaving.......just enjoying each other's company and having fun.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Linda

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

That sounds like fun. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at what is really important. Family and friends. Glad you had fun.
Merry Christmas.

Tina J said...

I am so glad you got to enjoy your family and see the sights. I know it was a truly special day for you. I love that steam engine too!

LA said...

I'm glad you all got away for a special Christmas outing!