Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve and time's flying by. I didn't do any baking this year. I'm blaming it on flying to Canada for the wedding! I also didn't get any handtowels or placemats woven like I try to do. This year will just be Christmas. No hassle of trying to get things done. Just enjoy the time with family and friends and remember why we celebrate Christmas.
 
So what would I have to post? There wasn't any "work" done this week since I got home.....just before the storms hit the midwest and Chicago where I changed planes. In fact, I flew out of Regina in the middle of "snow showers". It'd have been enough to stop everything here but up there, no problem. I am becoming such a wuss!!!
 
 I went through the pictures I took last week and found some that I thought you would enjoy.
See how much better the front of the reception hall looked with 40 plus yards of tulle just bunched up like snow? It was a very nice idea that we were able to use it this way. Now it's all rolled up and ready for the next wedding (which will be a wiener roast if all goes well and she finds someone to marry...)
 
 These pictures are all in chronological order. The two moms relaxing during the dress rehearsal. Not sure what the hold up was but they were both bushed by this point!! There was so much going on around that time that a moment of calm was just the thing for them!!
 Move on to Saturday morning. The hair dressers got to the house about 5:30am to get all the girls' hair ready. This was taken just before we all headed to the church. B with my Mom, her Grandma. Special times..
 They didn't stick to tradition. The pictures of the couple were taken before the wedding so they did see each other beforehand. My sister and her daughter got a moment to relax before they had to disappear before the wedding started. I liked this picture where they weren't posing.  My sister at this point was nervous because she was going to be walking her daughter down the aisle plus performing with her other daughters a couple of times during the service. My sister has a very good voice and she sang and played piano while her daughters either sang or played flute, etc.
 Before the wedding with her Grandma! C is so much taller than Mom. My poor Mom is now 4 ft 10 or so. She used to be 5 ft 1 inch but no longer. Mom is standing with stable help from C.
 Fast forward to the reception. B had made the cake for her sister. Originally there wasn't going to be a cake but you have to have a cake so B made it for her. Love the little flower girl wanting a slice...Oh, they had great desserts including cheesecake to die for. I'm trying to find out how to either get the recipe or have them ship one to my sister's next summer while I'm up there. It had the perfect flavor, not too strong or cheesy, just right!!
 Toward the end of the reception we finally got a picture of the 3 of us.  I'm glad because we never know how long we'll have Mom with us. We are the 3 musketeers in many ways!!
 Sunday we got the energy to work with the leftover food and the flowers. We put all the flowers that were in the vases together into just a few. My sister was able to enjoy them all week. We left the little flowers in the cracker barrel syrup bottle vases. She just spread them around the living room area . There were 26 of them!
 I liked how she placed them around some pictures on the side board. The picture in the middle is of my brother, me and my "little sister" back in 1958 when we were still living in the Belgium Congo. It's one of our favorite pictures that we have of the 3 of us siblings. Our brother passed away 25 years ago and we still miss him. Our Dad died 10 years ago. He would have enjoyed the wedding, visiting with relatives and regaling the other side's folks with stories of our heritage.

Shifting to Christmas did take a major swing in thought. It's amazing that it's here!! I do hope that later this week I have time to work on some of the projects I need to get done. I'm not sure where the time goes but it certainly flies by!!

So Merry Christmas and enjoy the time you have with family and friends!!
Until next week,
Carol
 

3 comments:

LA said...

I'm glad you are home safe & sound in time for the holidays. Your looms will wait for you...there are always projects waiting to be woven! Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

Ho Ho, and Merry Christmas to all the Tuesday Weavers!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful picture of you and your mom and sister. That will be a treasure.