Monday, September 7, 2015

Progress!


We scheduled a dye weekend about 2 months ago for this past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Well, this is a holiday weekend. Plus, Ila hurt her back and is out of commission for at least a month or two. So that left me in charge and no one else could dye this time. I had to work Thursday at The Art Market. Then a family crisis kept me out of town Friday and Saturday. Since I needed to get my dye projects done, it left Sunday afternoon. I have the best DH in the world. He brought some work along and then helped me with putting Saran Wrap on the table for the 2 warps I needed to paint. Getting the Saran Wrap to lay right all the length of the double table is a miracle with 2 people, let alone just by myself. It saved not only time, but a lot of Saran Wrap for him to help me. 
I forgot to take a picture of the first warp. But, it's hard to do with the iPad. So I got it in the pail. It's boring anyway. I used 4 shades of black. The wrapped up bamboo will sit in the pail til probably Wednesday when I start rinsing everything to remove excess dye and then hang to dry.
See what I mean about hard to get a good picture of the warp? This is the second one, done in greens and blue. Saran Wrap is on the table, on top of the plastic tablecloth.
I had a bunch of skeins for weft. I always first use the leftover dyes from the warp. So it's pretty boring but once rinsed, these will be nice darker colors.
I couldn't stand it! I mixed up some brighter greens and blues!
So that's done. I thought I was doing great. Working less than 5 hours, pulling out things, setting up, painting all the pieces, loading up and heading out. Wasn't sore at all.....til I got out of my car!! Boy, we're getting old. Had to take a couple of Advil!! 
This morning I'm fine and ready to weave a couple of blue jean rugs. It's going to be a weaving week here! 
Back to the swing of things!!
Until next week, keep weaving.
Carol

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful husband.

LA said...

There is so much more room to get it done since you were able to set up two tables! That means you'll have some great pieces for the fall shows!