Monday, September 21, 2015

Back to Weaving


I'm back into the swing of production although I did take a break and head down to Chattanooga for a couple of days to the quilt show... You have to do things like that with friends when you can. AQS puts on a wonderful display of quilts plus the vendors have booths full of neat things to check out. I like to see how people use color for inspiration for new warps. Plus, I like to make quilts when I can, especially when I visit my sister and I don't have a loom.

But, back to weaving. Remember when I was painting warps and skeins a couple of weeks ago? They're still hanging on the rack and the colors are nice. I'm looking forward to getting the warps on the loom.

On the loom now is a mostly cotton warp. The picture doesn't do it justice. The brown is a rich chocolate with accent colors of purple, orange, gold and purple.
It's a dream to weave. It'll get off the loom today and another warp goes on this afternoon.
The next warp will be a painted warp I dyed a few months ago. My show is in less than a month.
Crunch time after a family summer....
Until next week, keep weaving.
Carol

No comments: