Thursday, September 3, 2015

Agenda

  This has been on my agenda for awhile, but today is the day I have chosen to tackle this project.  Actually, I HAVE to do this!  My yarn collection is out of control....I found a bag of yarn in my closet last weekend that I had forgotten about buying.  It's really lovely....and I think I have bought that yarn before!!!!  I wonder if other fiber addicts have this problem?

  That being said, I bought one of those storage units so I could sort the yarn by types and colors.  Now, I need to get it put together.........
  Today is the day.......



And, then this little cutie can be placed on top for more storage of beautiful fiber....or, at least it can after IT is put together.

  Then comes the sorting!  (Also, reacquainting myself with all that lovely yarn I squirreled away!)



 





  I finished up making the straw loom kits with the yarn that the Tuesday Weavers donated so far.  I made 18 kits!  They still need the straw looms, but the yarn is wound and the bags are ready.  We are running low upstairs in the shop, and we'll need some to take to Homecoming at the Museum in October.    





And, now for my guilty pleasure:  The Panda Cam at the National Zoo.
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/WebCams/giant-panda.cfm

Mei Xiang gave birth to this little boy on 22 August, and I have been a big fan ever since.  You can even see where he is starting the get the black panda markings.  This picture is from 1:03 p.m. today.  Just too precious!  It is so rare to get a clear picture of the baby since she's such a good mom, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten this one. 
  OK....I've got to get back to the agenda and get that cubby put together.  No excuses!

Happy Weaving!  (and building and watching!!)
LouAnn


1 comment:

Theresa said...

I envy you the new storage but not the assembly nor getting the piece into place. Those things weight a flipping ton due to the particle board.

I don't think I've bought the same yarn twice, but then again, I don't really know....It is so nice to be organizing though. Something thoughtful and freeing about it.

Baby panda cam....a perfect guilty pleasure, I'm heading over there right now!