Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall Is In The Air

  It's one of those beautiful pre-Fall days with warming temps and lots of sunshine.  The sky is that amazing shade of blue that you only get at this time of year.  The hummingbirds must have started their migration because they are going through the food in the feeder at lightning speed!  I have to keep a close eye on it to keep it from going dry!
  We had lovely weather for the antique show at the Museum of Appalachia.  As you saw in Tina's pictures, there were many interesting items in the booths.  Lots of folks came through the Loom House, and I had a great time chatting with them.
  I did get my apron finished, except for the pockets.  They are lying on the ironing board waiting to get completed.  I really enjoyed wearing this, and I was especially glad that the panels have a new life.






  I wove four placemats on the Rocker Beater Loom this weekend.  If there had been a dozen finished ones, I could have sold them on the spot to a lady from Georgia!!!!  She told me that she has had trouble finding a set of 12 for her family dinners.
  The center of these mats weave in basketweave, which gives them a little texture for interest.  It just goes to prove that you can do a lot with a two harness loom!  You could even weave a version of our Ellen's Pattern on a two harness loom!!!!  I might have to try that next year.
  I cut these four off the loom rather than leaving them wound on the cloth beam.   I can go ahead and get them washed and hemmed.

  I'm not the only one enjoying this wonderful morning....Biscuit has been busy keeping an eye on the chipmunks and squirrels out in the yard.  I just wish I could keep the squirrels from "planting" so many walnuts in my flower beds!!!!  They had better be grateful that this is a screened in porch!

  I've got to get to work and earn some fiber money this morning.  I hope your day is as beautiful where you are!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

No comments: