Friday, December 20, 2013

More Fibers, but not in the Pie!

I finally finished the "Tweed" skein yesterday, that I posted about last week.  It was slow going, and I have to say that my technique improved quite a bit after the first 1/4 skein.

 Here are two almost identical skeins, one with the bits of color, and one without.  It brings my total in this project so far to 1030yds of 2ply fingering.  I say so far, because there is still more roving!  Maybe another mondo skein or 2!  So possibly another 600 yds!

I am planning on weaving with it, on a rigid heddle loom.  I think I will do a couple of other wool weaving projects first, before I attempt to use this yarn.


 When Lou Ann and I went to the Smoky Mtn. Spinnery in Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't resist picking up these really old flax stricks.  It was found in a barn in Kentucky,  It looks just like hair!

 Speaking of hair, I was sure to pull mine back when I set to making an apple pie for our dessert tonight.  We are going to some friends house for dinner.  We are bringing the dinner, and a movie.  These dear friends of ours have never seen "It's a Wonderful Life"!  We couldn't let another year go by without fixing that!  So we sweetened the pot with, some penne al forno, with a meaty tomato based sauce,  green salad,  some crusty french bread, and apple pie, for dessert.


  Watching this movie is one of our traditions, and now that the kids have all left home, we have to make someone watch it!  I think they will suffer through the film with us don't you!







I will be getting back into the weaving studio after Christmas.  I am just now feeling myself again after my 10 weeks in Ghana.  I know better than to weave when I am not feeling good!  It invariably leads to un-weaving!

Merry Christmas to you all,  Tina

3 comments:

LA said...

That yarn is just too lovely. It will make a wonderful shawl. A Happy Birthday apple pie....life is good!

Maggie said...

I can't believe there are still people out there who haven't seen "It's A Wonderful Life!" You are so good to enrich their lives!
And the tweedy yarn is beautiful

Theresa said...

How timely, I watched IAWL last night on tv. I hadn't seen it in a few years, but my favorite is still A Christmas Carol. I just can't decide if I like the George C Scott version or the Patrick Stewart version, so I watch both!

That is some beautiful yarn you've spun. Love the soft grey myself.