Thursday, December 26, 2013

Back To The Books

Uh-oh.....I almost forgot!
Today IS Thursday....my day to blog.  I'm still enjoying the holiday bliss, I guess.

  But, my weaving has been on my mind.  Maggie and I were discussing future weaving projects at lunch this week, and it reminded me that I needed to check my weaving journal and see how I did on my goals I made last January.
  I tried my hand at double weave.  My cat, Biscuit, enjoyed the catnip sachet.  I still need to try using double weave to get double width.
  Also on the list was weaving a shawl with wool.  Yes.....I did try that, but ended up cutting it off the loom.  I need to learn more about wool, and what structures work best with the wool.  It was a learning experience!  Still LOTS to learn.
  And, I did wade into block weaves.  I'll be having fun with those for a long time.

So, for this year, I want to add a study of huck lace to my list.  I have dabbled in huck, but I would like to look a little deeper.  I enjoy the rhythm of weaving lace.
  Enjoy this last week of the year....we'll soon be starting a fresh slate.  I'm looking forward to that.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

There are more projects in my mind than I will ever have time to try! Happy New Year!

Maggie said...

Did I hear someone mention Study Groups? Let's resolve to start some in the new year!