Thursday, March 5, 2015

You Just Gotta Laugh


  If you thought I'd be complaining about the return of foul weather, you'd be wrong.  I'm just going to ignore it......

  This popped up on Facebook this morning, and I think it was meant for me! 
Fabric and Yarn!!!

That top cubby on the left.....it would be crammed full at my house!  But, I'm beginning to think that might be a good way to sort the collection.




  Then, look what popped up on my email account!!!  Interweave is having a sale, and I had been thinking about getting this video.  Yes....I paid for it and did the download.  No....I haven't finished watching it.

  But, I have already had some of my questions answered.












  Tom Knisley gives a great explanation about dealing with different sizes of yarns in the same warp, and how he makes it all come together.  And, I think I might just be ready to try a front to back approach now that I have seen his example.  


  I had been putting some yarns together that I thought would make good scarf warps.  Thanks to Carol, I had these plastic boxes to keep them all together.  There will be more sorting and playing before any of them become a scarf, but I get the idea.
  AND, I will finish watching the videos before I start winding the warp!  It's just a nice break from weaving one more place mat!  (I'm kinda stuck on #8.)
  All in all, it's a great way to spend a chilly day!  I'm not going to let this weather get me down!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh fun. I tried out the Weaver's Weevil book and was less than impressed, but T.Knisley's looks promising.
You'll have to let us know how that F2B thing goes......