Monday, March 16, 2015

Black, White and Gray

One set of rugs is done! Loopers are a hoot to weave with. A bit unpredictable, they weave up into nice thick rugs. I did not dye any of them. Our source of loopers has 3 colors, black, white and light gray. So that's what I used. Because I'd sat outside last fall and shook the loopers to remove lint, there wasn't a ton of stuff falling off of them when I chained and wove them.
 I don't like fringe on rugs so these have hems.


 I'm pretty sure this next one was the last on the loom, so was shorter. Usually I weave them a bit longer than this one ended up being.
 You just think this rug is white but it's not. I alternated the white and gray. It's a bit hard to pick up on the picture but it's there.


They're ready to go to new homes.
The next batch is ready for me to finish this morning. More pictures next week.
Now that I've done the rugs, I can go back to my regular production. I guess absence makes the heart fonder, because I have missed weaving my regular pieces.
Plus, spring is here, at least temporarily and it's hard to stay focused when it's so pretty outside.
The first daffodils are blooming and the snow of a couple of weeks ago is forgotten!
I'm ready to start weaving sandals again.
Until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

2 comments:

LA said...

You HAVE been busy! Looper rugs are fun, and what a great example of what can be done with only 3 colors!!!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful rugs.