Saturday, February 11, 2012

Where-O-Where?

Sing along with me:  "Where-o-where has the winter gone?"
  Uh-oh!  It's back again!  Just when you think that winter has completely skipped you, here it comes!  It sure had the flowers fooled!  My daffodils have been blooming since the last week of January. 

  And the crocus have popped up all over the yard.

  They are calling for a "light dusting" of snow today.  So far, that's all I've had here on the ridge.  And the temps are supposed to be dropping all day.  Guess I'll stay inside where it's warm.



  And, here's one reason I need to stay inside!!!  You might notice that this loom is missing something.....the harnesses!

  After cleaning this little gem up last summer, I still needed to put the heddles on the bar......and one thing led to another.....and Christmas came....and I had to put things away for the holidays.  But, I'm thinking about the class in Townsend next month, and I thought I'd get this loom ready to go.  But....where are the harness frames??????


  I looked for those babies most of the week.....how can they hide????  Nothing else in the house looks like THAT!!!!

  But, if you get down low, and behind a loom bench, and in a corner....you can hide really well!!!!

  This will be my project for today!  (Along with laundry!)




And, this is why I can resist the lure of the other loom from Maggie's post.......I have lonely loom syndrome.  They look so sad....so neglected.  I hear their siren's call, but real life has been in the way, lately.  Soon, my little babies..........



  If you missed Karen-In-The-Woods post yesterday....you'll want to take a look!!!

  While I was at the store, I picked up an angel food cake mix, and followed Karen's directions for making a snack cake.
  My only suggestion is that you use a large mug to bake it in the microwave!!!!  (And, put a paper towel under the mug--just in case!)
  YUM!   (Thank you, Karen!)

  This was a gift from a dear friend, and it is finally blooming!  The Friday before Christmas, a little box was left at my door.  A bulb that promised a wondrous sight if I could be patient.  This is my reward....with more blooms to follow!

Enjoy your weekend (and give those looms some TLC!)

LouAnn

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ok, how many looms do you have? I counted 5. I think it might be more. For lots of weaving.

Linda said...

I think I see a set of twins! Stay warm today! Our cat is in her house and isnt coming out. Too windy.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh thank you for the "shout out"!

We found a little heart shaped muffin pan to go in the microwave that works great for the recipe (double batch) all the kids and grandkids are getting baked little cakes in the shape of hearts for Valentine's Day. I can get 12 cakes done in 4 minutes! LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

Oh please, send winter on back to us here. I miss it! Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't misery love company and wouldn't those neglected little looms rather have another loom to share in the pity party? I mean think of that Macomber, all alone in neglect.......
Beautiful bulb, you can keep a little bit of spring and summer promise with you inside!

Tina J said...

Did you ever find the harnesses?

Anonymous said...

Love the lost harness tale and all of your photos, especially the flowers! We're at least 2 months away from seeing daffodils in our Santa Fe yard!