Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Carl !!!







  Happy Birthday to one of our favorite weavers!!!!

And, what did he get for his birthday????  A rug, which he wove!!!!  And, isn't it a beauty!

  Thank you for sharing your day with us!











  Carl and Lanny cut five rugs off of Carl's loom before the Foothills show, and today was the last of the warp.  And, since Carl was going to keep this one, he took it home to tie the fringes. 

  Of course, that means that we'll be putting a new warp on the loom next Tuesday.....wonder which one will be going on the loom?????  (Tina had wound up a bunch of warps way back when to get some of the cones off the shelf.  They are hanging up just waiting to be chosen for the loom.)





It was busy, as usual, at the Center today.  (I could have sworn that Christy was in this picture....but she must have stepped out of range just before the shutter snapped!!!!) 
  Tina fixed the threading error on her warp, and Bonnie got busy winding the warp for her towels.




  I actually got her to grin at me for a picture!!!!









  Andy had a great weekend at the Holiday Market in Oak Ridge...she's very talented!

  And, healing thoughts go out to Linda today...she's having her replacement replaced (gotta love those knees!!!!)

Stay warm.....
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry that I wasn't smilling. It was just so hot in there. I can't take the heat--72. It makes me feel so sick. I just about finished the winding the warp. I hope to get it on the loom next week.

Tina J said...

It was a great day with a dear birthday boy. I am glad we got to share his day!

Two Guys and a Loom said...

Happy Birthday!!!! That rug is gorgeous!!!!