Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Countdown

  I left you last Saturday with a crazy to-do list/plan of action.  These are NOT the cookies I baked last Saturday!  These came out of the oven this morning looking exactly like they are supposed to look.
  The Red Velvet cookies I baked last week did not flatten.....in fact, the snickerdoodles and the chocolate chip cookies I baked last weekend did not spread out like they were supposed to do.  I had a long talk with Maggie on Tuesday about my cookie failures, and we decided that it might be the butter that I was using.
  Long story short.....these are the real deal!

 

  Today is our family gathering, and I've got the tablet and cracker candy plated and ready to wrap. 
  The ham is ready to plate, and I've got to mix up a batch of rolls this morning to bake at my son's house. 
  Needless to say, there will be LOTS of goodies from all the family to add to the table.



  But, before I rush off to the gathering, I'll leave you with a shot of my mystery project.  Yes, I got it on the loom.  And, yes, the first one is almost woven.  I'll reveal the project next Saturday!

  In the meantime.....enjoy this countdown to the special day.  Try not to make yourself too crazy and take some time to enjoy the music and lights.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Merry Christmas gathering, LouAnn!

Theresa said...

How exciting, both the gathering and the mystery warp! Can't wait to hear about the fun and see the beautiful results of your labor.

Tina J said...

I got to sample all those goodies yesterday, they were as good as they look.
I also saw the mystery project, but I still don't know what it is! LA is not talking!