Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Rainy (not snowy) Saturday

  OK.....so I got a little distracted this week...big surprise, huh? 
   I was over at WeaveZine, read the blog about the birthday blanket warp (did you see ALL those warp chains???) and thought I'd look at the article archive.  I like to see how other people combine color and weave..it sparks ideas, ya know????
  I clicked on the article about "Weaving Software on the Cheap".....and that was my downfall.  This article is from June 4, 2009, and I'm just now ready to read it!!!
http://weavezine.com/content/weaving-software-cheap
  I have looked at weaving software, but I wasn't sure I wanted to invest in a program just yet.  Here was someone telling me that there are programs you can try, and if you like them, send a donation!  WOW!
  And, that led me to WeaveDesign by Bergt Nelson on the Pikes Peak Weavers Guild site.  Finally, I can play with those wonderful threadings in Davison and see where to repeat a pattern or plan my selvedges.  I don't want to tell you how many drawdowns I have done this week.....lets just say "more than my fingers."  You can even play with changing the color in the warp and/or weft and see exactly what happens!!!!  There are a lot more features....I just haven't gotten that far yet.  It's only been four days.............
 

On the home front, Sweetie is winning Cici and Zuzu over s l o w l y.  Every day is a little better...at least Cici isn't hissing until she's dry any more!!!!


Sweetie hid under the bed while I was weaving in the bedroom yesterday.  She's not too sure about all that noise....and that wasn't even the noisy loom!!!


  Zuzu just lies in wait on the kitchen bench....after all, she gets a free swipe when Sweetie walks by.  No hit, no foul........

While most of the country is watching the Super Bowl tomorrow (love the commercials!) I'll be playing with drawdowns.....saving pencils and erasers from an early grave!

Oh, yes, and the CHECK IS IN THE MAIL!!!!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

5 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad your "kids" at home are coming around!! All 3 are sweet cats. There's so much to learn in weaving that I don't think one lifetime is enough!! Bring what you learnt on Tuesday and we'll all take a look!! The internet has changed the world of weaving so much, it's really amazing! We're all in this learning together and helping each other just strengthens us.

Maggie said...

I'm going to try that!

Bonnie said...

Glad the family is getting along better. Isn't it fun to use the software programs.

Tina J said...

I can't wait to hear about the weaving software! I wish Toni and Pheobe would start getting along again, he must smell different after his illness!

Anonymous said...

Judy E. did mention this one at the 2010 Convergence class, so it's good to have another recommendation. She said it was great for pick-up, and easy to design a weaving from a pic. Keep the feline tails coming! ~Marta