Friday, February 4, 2011

Almost Finished!

I was encouraged last week to finish up a spinning project that has been in UFO land for at least 2 years!  It has been a learning experience for me, as most of my spinning is.  The fiber came in the form of  "Top",  which is a more compacted "rope" than "Roving" or "Rolags".  I had no experience with this kind of fiber.  It was also space dyed, which means that there were 4 or 5 different colors spaced along the length of this "rope" of prepared fiber.  I really have a problem with variegated stuff.  Yarn or fiber, it isn't that I don't like it, I really just don't know how to handle it.  So I started in, blending the colors as I went.  It really is a beautiful yarn, I just wish I had done all the blending at the beginning, so that the skeins would be exactly the same colors.  They are really pretty close, I shouldn't be so picky, I will post  a picture when I finish it all.

I tried to get all the yarn in one skein, but even thought the Louet S10 has gigantic bobbins, it wouldn't all fit.  The picture at the top has a more accurate color.  All I need to do now is find my Niddy-noddy and skein this up, wash it and let it dry.  I will then heave a sigh of relief and hand it over to my daughter, who has been so very patient!

I have done no weaving at all this week, the barn has taken all of my energy.  We are almost done, and later on today I will post some progress pics on Farmstead Studio.  I can't wait to be back to normal, but better, with the new barn and greenhouse in place!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is a beautiful color of blue. Glad that you are just about finished with the barn.

LA said...

The yarn spun up so nicely!!! I know your daughter will enjoy knitting with it. YEAH on getting the barn done (or almost done!)

Linda said...

The colors blend so well together! Very nice!

You will have the barn and greehouse finished in time to plant seeds for the garden.

Maggie said...

That makes me want to get better at spinning! As soon as those baby blankets are done...

Anonymous said...

The blending of those shades of blues & greens is gorgeous. I'm jealous of the barn - wish we had one in the works! ~Marta