Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Boxing Day

It is boxing day! Yay, it is one of my Favorite days, all of the hustle and bustle of the season are at an end and there is time to take a breath or two and look around us. Imagine my surprise to find quite a few weavers in the Studio today when I arrived (later than usual)! The first thing I saw was Ruth and Pearl in the back row. They had established themselves in temporary residence since the usual "back row" occupants were not coming in today. I noticed at once that their projects were of a very similar color. Pearl has a white warp while Ruth has a natural warp. The weft for both of them is a green that is very similar in color.
I caught Patty still threading her loom and Linda still working on her towel warp. I can't wait to see what that fabric looks like once it has been washed. I hear it will be textured a bit like waffle weave.
Bonnie has finished the fabric that she has been working on, it will be a top.
She is already working on her next project!
Time for show and tell! I recently finished a shawl. It is a Stephen West pattern "Vertices Unite" I made it with some of the handspun yarn that I had made over the last few years. Garter stitch is so forgiving!
Molly, one of our new weavers, brought in a couple of pieces that her mother has woven.
Susan took a rug project off of her loom last night and brought it in to show us. It is amazing that these were all woven on the same warp.
That is all there is today, Happy New Year everyone! Tina for all

No comments: