Thursday, September 28, 2017

New Looks

   Yes....those are skewers doubling as lease sticks!

  From time to time, we get donations at the Center....someone is cleaning out a weaver's stash or downsizing their studio.  Well....over the years these little looms keep appearing on our doorsteps.  I call them Peacock Looms, even though they aren't all exactly alike....yet very similar.  We are up to six of them right now!

  We decided to clean them and put on a warp and sell a few of them at Homecoming.  I got this one cleaned, and I wound a two yard warp for this little loom.  I should have warped it front to back.....it was a challenge to warp it the way I usually do!!!!  I'm just so glad I had skewers in the kitchen drawer!


  This is stamped on the bottom rail at the back of the loom.   Hummmmm.......

  There is a partial sticker on the front, but, I can't tell what it was supposed to be.
  Maybe someone knows more about this.....

  I do think some child will have hours of fun weaving on these little looms....you have to start somewhere.




  On the home front, I finally finished Tina's apron.  I've gotten real spoiled with aprons that I don't have to tie!  I'm still working on some changes to the pattern, but that's on the back burner while I get my items ready for Homecoming. 
  Pat gave me a bag of jean tops on Tuesday, so I have plenty to choose from for my hot pads.  I'd like to finish everything up this weekend!!!




  I'll leave you with my wee orifice hook.  It arrived Monday in the mail from Alan and Milissa Dewey.  Alan does such beautiful work! 

  The weather is finally starting to be a little more Fall-like around here.  The temps this weekend will be refreshing! 
  We all need to take time this weekend for a Fall walk!!!!

Happy Weaving (and sewing and spinning!)
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I just got caught up on the blog this morning early, that apron looks fantastic, perfect for our blue jean dress demo days, thanks so much! I got to see that orifice hook close up, it has a cut little captive ring, love it!

mageez said...

Are you willing to share or sell your apron pattern? I've had both shoulders replaced and can't reach behind my back any longer.