Monday, February 15, 2016

Just 25 miles...

After the snow last week, we were warned there'd be more. Yesterday afternoon we were prepared for 4 - 6 inches. We got a bunch of ice pellets. Again, we were just below the storm line. 25 miles north of us they got a lot of snow, roads treacherous and conditions just dangerous. 
This morning I woke about 6am to hear rain. Cool, I thought. It's above freezing and the snow is melting. Wrong. Ice. It all became ice as it hit the ground. Our high today is 47 so it should melt. Plus, we're in a flood watch zone. It's supposed to rain like crazy today and wash all the snow away. The low tonight is 34 so we should be able to meet at the center tomorrow to weave. Tomorrow night we're supposed to have snow again.
By Thursday the high is in the 60s. Welcome to Easy Tenneesse!
Sometimes life gets in the way of my production but I do have some pictures of the warps and skeins that I painted.
Good selection of colors.  Now that they're dry, I need to separate them into projects so that when I'm ready, I can grab a warp and have the wefts right there. Of course, the skeins need to go into balls as well. Guess I'll have to find another DVD to watch.
I'm sure I've mentioned that I watch DVDs while I work in the studio. The past few weeks I've been watching Miss Fisher Mysteries. If you like Downton Abbey for the clothes, you are going to love Miss Fisher. Set in the late 1920s in Australia, the clothes are phenomenal and the story lines are interesting. There are 3 seasons. I haven't found if there will be a 4th but if so, I'll be waiting for the DVD to come out. 
I'm about to head down to the studio to wind a warp for rugs. I've got an order for about 20 of them for a shop so need to get on the stick with that. It's a dusty job weaving selvedges but the rugs are scrumptious and she sells them well so for the next few weeks I'll be weaving rugs.
Until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

2 comments:

LA said...

That's a great order!!! Twenty rugs will keep you a little busy! So glad your painted warps came out so well. The weather in East Tennessee always keeps us guessing.....

Portia's Cloth said...

Hi Carol
Glad to hear you're enjoying Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. Like me, she's a Melbourne girl. They had a display of the costumes at a local stately home, just 2 to 3 miles from home. You can have a look at the house here: http://www.ripponleaestate.com.au/, and will no doubt recognise it as Aunt Prudence's house. Went with a friend and we had a great time. They even had a place for dress ups and selfies. I couldn't resist trying on a coat with a fox fur collar. My grandmother, probably much the same age as Phryne would be and an independent woman in Melbourne in the 1920's, running her own florist shop, always had a winter coat just like that

http://www.ripponleaestate.com.au/