Thursday, April 25, 2013

She's Back!


There she is....ready to roll (or weave, actually!)

  I pulled Tina away from the Center on Tuesday to do some fine tuning, and now she's all ready.  This picture was made before we got the treadles tied up, but you can see the warp all ready for its first rug.







You might remember these heddles that were on the loom last year when we started the restoration project.  We were really hoping they could be used again, but that wasn't to be.

  I need to make a poster for folks to see how they were made all in one piece.  That was the first time I had seen heddles made like this.



  Thanks to Allan and his wood working skills making the jig, I was able to tie the linen heddles to replace the original ones.  That is such a beautiful sight to me!!!!

  Tomorrow is Sheep Shearing Day at the Museum of Appalachia, and the first rug will be woven on this wonderful old loom.  I've gathered up some fabric strips for an old fashion hit or miss rug.
  They are expecting several school groups, so I should be rather busy!



  And, last, but not least, this double chariot wheel mug rug warp is almost done!!!!  YEAH!
  As much as I love these, I'm ready for something new on this loom.  I'm thinkin' that some Cross of Tennessee will be next!!!!  That is always a favorite around these parts!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I hope today goes well for you! I can't wait to see the loom in action, having personally given her a rubdown before. And I really like that Chariot Wheels pattern. I'm going to have to give that one a try.