Thursday, April 11, 2013

Making Hay While The Sun Shines

  I'd love to tell you that I have been weaving up a storm, but that wouldn't be true!

  After cutting off the first six place mats on this warp, I'm working on the second one.  But, to be truthful, I haven't woven on this for a few days. 

  We finally have been having some great weather, and I've been outside mowing and cutting back some of the wild growth.




  But, before I could even mow, I had to pick up sticks out of the yard.  This is the second load I collected from the front yard. 

  There is probably a third load to collect, but that had to wait.  (I was able to mow the front yard yesterday!)






  I fed the first load through the chipper and got this wonderful mulch. 
  But, before I can work on the next load, I have to work on the chipper....something is hung up in the chopper blade, and that means I get to open up the shredder.  I located my manual, and that will be my project this morning.  (Oy Vey!!!)  It's a good thing I'm good at following directions!

















  As I work in the yard, it's so much fun to see the wonderful spring plants that keep coming back year after year.  I love Trillium, and these Virginia Bluebells are always welcoming sights.  And, I noticed yesterday that my lilies of the valley are starting to shoot up. 
  Storms are on their way this afternoon, so I'll get some weaving time later today.  But, for now, it's back outside to the yard and flower beds that need lots of attention.  You've got to make hay while the sun shines....or at least get some yard work done!
Happy Weaving (and gardening!)
LouAnn

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Ooh! Trilliums! I wonder if they'd grow in my yard?

Bonnie said...

It was a great day to be outside doing yard work.

Theresa said...

Beautification projects of all sorts are worthy! You'll be back on the fiber trail soon enough!