Thursday, May 5, 2011

Terrific Thursday

What a wonderful day we are having here! The sun is shining and it is cool. It is so nice to have more of spring before the hot summer sets in.

If you follow my blog  http://pineridgehandwovens.blogspot.com/  you can read about two dish towels I wove. The all supima cotton towel is in the wash for the third time. Hopefully the absorbancy will increase. I don't know what the dark place is in the picture. It isn't on the towels.

Today I warped up the Gilmore with the tan and green yarns. The warp has been wound and chained for a while and left draped over the loom. A friend of mine tells me having a chained warp draped over a loom does not keep it from being naked! So, today I put the warp on. Can't have any naked looms now can I?








As you can see I am almost done threading the heddles. The rest will have to wait until later. I have a question for all of you. If you would rather be weaving than cooking and cleaning does that mean you  have a serious addiction?

I hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the day!

Linda

4 comments:

LA said...

I think it's important to keep balance in one's life, and as you are aware, I am OFF balance!!!!

Tina J said...

That green and tan looks fab. What are you going to use as weft? I don't have any naked looms but a couple of them have not seen any action in quite some time!

Bonnie said...

Well I think that it means that you really, really like to weave and create. Ok, what is the tan and green going to make?

Linda said...

This is a rug warp. I will use some thick, green, wool yarn as weft.