Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baaaaaa-hahahahaha

 
Is it
just
me?

Or do you
see a
similarity?

Maybe I just spent too much time with fleeces yesterday...........

After spending Friday morning washing two fleeces, I came home and sat down with the morning paper to catch up on the news.  On the cover of the events section, this picture caught my eye.  Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is back for the fourth Pirates movie.....but I have to wonder about his dreads.............



Here Tina is holding the washed white Shetland fleece next to some unwashed fleece.   

So lovely.

And the kitchen was filled with the scent of lanolin....just like a wonderful lotion.


I don't spin or knit, but I did enjoy seeing these fleeces come to life after washing.  Now, we can anticipate Tina spinning these into beautiful yarn.


I've got the warp tied back onto John, and I've pulled balls of double-faced bias Stewart plaid for another large tote bag.  I really liked the way the single fold wove up for the small tote, and I think this will be a wonderful little set. 

  So many ideas....so little time to weave, especially when the warmer weather beckons you outside to play in the dirt.  I've already got baby tomatoes on the vines, and I'll be looking forward to some fresh homegrown tomatoes in a few weeks!!!!  Oh yum!!!!
  Today I get to attend the opening of a Time Capsule that we entombed 25 years ago.  The school where I taught for many years is opening "the vault" and my own two kids and I will be there with bells on!!!!  It should be a fun day.  I remember the classes lining up to deposit their items for the Time Capsule, and as the years passed, the kids would always ask "how long until we open that?"  So, today is the day!!!!  (I do remember that I did NOT have a computer in my classroom then!!!)

Enjoy your Saturday, and
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

Opening that time capsule will be quite an experience!
I flipped the fleeces over this morning, can you believe they are almost dry!

Bonnie said...

That is going to be a nice looking bag. The warp is very pretty too.