Monday, May 3, 2010

Seeing red!


Recently I was stumped as to what to paint the dining room walls. So far I have painted the living room, kitchen and the top half of the hall antique white. I am trying to lighten up all that dark paneling. I was getting concerned that it was too much. After all, weavers love color. I invited a friend over for some advice. Her response was to paint two walls in the dining room barn red. RED? I love red but I wasn't sure I would like it on the walls! I went ahead and painted the top half on one wall red. I thought I would start with half and live with it a while then decide. I started painting the opposite wall red on Saturday. I sure hope I like it! I believe it will make the small dining room look deeper than it really is and that would be a good thing. The camera didn't really capture the colors very well but you will get the idea. The light color you see here and there on the chair rail is masking tape.
Linda

4 comments:

Tina J said...

Oh, Yes, the red is smashing! I think you will really like it!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to decide if I should paint the lower half, too.

Linda

LA said...

I really like the red...and I think I would just stick with the top half for now. You are going to enjoy decorating with this!

Bonnie said...

I love that color of red. I think, along with LouAnn, stick with only the upper half being red for now. You could always come back and do the whole 2 walls all red or all 4 walls half red might be nice too. I know you want to be done and not having to come back later. I would have to see to decide which.