Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Lots of Finished Warps (and other things)

Shirley is busy threading a towel project on her loom. I caught sight of the inspiration pictures and I just had to show you!
Shannon is continuing with her red and white towels that were so popular that they sold before the show! She had finished a set last Tuesday afternoon after I left and she is back at it again today!
Joycelyn is working on a shawl, and finding it challenging to keep her concentration in this busy studio!
Linda has finished several towels and was asking me what colors I thought she should use. I asked her what she had used before and she proceeded to unroll what was on her cloth beam so that we could see the colors that she had already used.
Now, on to the warps that are coming to the end. Betsy is on her final beach towel.
Jenny has finished the 14 yard placemat/runner warp I put on ages ago! Thank you Jenny!
After lunch we enjoyed a cake that Patty had brought in to celebrate her Birthday.
Barbara brought in some scarves she had finished on a bamboo warp. One of them she wove with cotton and the other one with bamboo. She was really pleased with how and accidental shifting of the warp threads caused a perfect stripe in the scarf all the way down.
Dana brought in the last towels she will be weaving on a rigid heddle, because she has a floor loom!!!!!
Mark wove a scarf for his son this week, he had put a stripe of a different yarn on the side of this one to make sure it would be wide enough.
Patty put a mixed warp on her loom at home, using up a lot of bobbins in a lot of different colors. She wove a variety of twills and plain weave. It was astonishing what a single warp can be just by changing those two things and then adding in colors. She emptied all of her bobbins!
Shannon rounded out her week by making a backpack with a subtle Winnie the Pooh theme. There is honeycomb fabric and bee fabric and a sweet button of Pooh!
That wraps it up for today, until next week, Tina for all

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Color is so much fun (so is cake :). It's always fascinating to pull something off the loom and visually explore the interactions of structure and color. Beautiful work by all. I like Mark's idea of a distinctive stripe along one side of the scarf. And Shannon's backpack is incredibly cute!

Judi said...

I know that I've probably said this before, but you ladies (and gentleman) are such an inspiration to me! All this color is wonderful, so now I'm off to weave some of my own!! I'm so glad I found this blog...keep weaving up inspiration for me and other weavers! If I lived closer to you (I'm in Northeast Florida!) I would be joining you!!