Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Wheeling and Dealing

Yesterday I picked up a few fleeces for an aquaintance of mine, well we haven't actually met but we will meet this Fall when I take her the fleeces and we swap wheels. You see her yarn spinning is going a new direction when at the same time my yarn spinning is going in the exact opposite direction! She wants to spin finer yarn and I am working on relearning how to spin thicker yarns and lots of it. So anyway, while I was there I went ahead and bought a fleece for myself and one for Karin. Oh, here it is!
This is a Tunis fleece which is a breed of sheep we haven't worked with before. This morning while I was loading the fleece into the car, I also loaded up a loom that was going to a new home with one of the other weavers. Oh, Here it is!
Shannon wanted to ask my opinion on an upcoming swap she is doing with a Basket Maker. She wove a couple of runners for the Basket maker to chose from plus we decided she could throw in a bowl cozy to boot! Oh, here is Shannon with her stuff!
Shannon then told me about some stuff she had in her car that people had given her and so we went out to take a look. There are 2 Llama fleeces and that Irish Shawl that Patty brought in last week. Seems it is going home with Shannon! Oh, here are Shannons new things!
Patty, Liz and Liz (yes, we have two!) are sharing weaving patterns and measurements. Oh, here they are!
Pearl and Judith are in a deep conference about something, while Mark and Jenny are working hard. Oh, here they are!
Among all of this wheeling and dealing, Karin and I managed to fix the brake on the Leclerc Compact. Oh, here it is!
We replaced the wood screw that kept coming loose with a bolt and a locking washer and 2 nuts. That should hold it for awhile! Just after lunch Samantha and I took off to her house to put together her new loom! It is a sweet little Leclerc that is older than most of the Leclerc looms that you can find on the web. Oh, and here it is!
This is the loom when it was still at my place, but it looks the same in her sweet house. There is always a hustle and bustle around the Center, sometimes it's ideas sometimes it is equipment, sometime there is money involed sometimes there isn't, but there are always things coming and going or as my Husband calls it, we are Wheeling and dealing! That is all I have for today, let me know if you would like to see anything in particular. Tina, for all

No comments: