Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Beautiful October Tuesday

 

  

  As I came around the big curve in the highway, the river was on my right.  I reflected on how many times Carl and I would comment on the beauty of the river as it flowed past us.  This morning, it looked like glass..not a ripple to be seen.  He would have been smiling.

  Then, I arrived at the Center, and I was met by this lovely site of our fiber friends.  Always ready with a warm greeting, and news to share.

We are so lucky to have each other.

 


 

  Outside in the bright morning sunshine, Pat and Linda B. were taking pictures of some of the looms that we are selling.  It is amazing how much we have collected over the years...and we have such a space crunch in the Studio.  I'm so glad we have the Annex to store items that aren't used very often.




  Miska greeted everyone as they entered the Studio.  She provided just the right amount of comfort.  I'm so glad that Angela shares her with us.

  Today was Liz's last day until the next school break.  She's planning some projects at home on her Baby Wolf--Christmas presents!

 

 


 


  Lou Ann is still working on her placemats (with Miska's supervision!)  I bet she's ready to get on a floor loom....







    Jocelyn had a wee bit of trouble with her truck battery this morning, but she made it to the Studio in plenty of time.  Now, it's back to the loom!









  Patty is blowing through the set of black on black placemats, and she's already dreaming of COLOR, lots of COLOR!!!




  Just when she thought it would never happen, Bonnie is at the end of the warp!  She has been looking forward to this day for awhile!  

  Now.....what will be next, Bonnie????





  Liz is finding out just how slippery chenille can be!  She's tied on now, and ready to weave...and this will be a beautiful scarf when she's done!


  I'm not going to show the picture of Marilyn's bruise.  Bless her heart....she slipped on the steps at home, and I'm surprised she can even sit down!  Maybe that's why she's standing at her loom????

  It looks like she's sleying the reed, which means she'll be weaving next week.  I'm looking forward to seeing her pattern.


  This is a picture I don't get very often:  Carol weaving on a loom.  Yes, she weaves a lot at home, but she's usually busy trouble-shooting around the Studio.  She's busy finishing up Anna's warp (she's in California with her family right now.)

  Marie and I got the rugs, scarves and shawls bar coded after lunch (and found some we missed in the inventory.)  We'll finish that project up next week!  We sure have a lot for sale in the Shop!!!!

Take care, my friends!

Wear those masks!

Happy Weaving!

LouAnn


No comments: