Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Recipes



   Back in the late '50's, Mary Atwater published the Recipe Book, Patterns for Handweavers.  I've always loved that title!  (And, I'll admit that I love the book, too!)  Today seemed like the perfect day to borrow that title to describe our day.
  Weaving and eating....two things that go well together, I think!  And, since today was our potluck lunch, I have a few wonderful woven items to share, along with some yummy dishes (and one recipe that I think you'll enjoy.)

Huck Placemats







Banana Bread
Zucchini Bread

 







  4 Harness Doubleweave

 
 





Hot Spiced Cider

 











4 Harness plain weave
(crammed & spaced in reed)
 
 





Roll-ups
 








 Inkle --3/4 inch tape









Cookies and Brownies

 








 8 Harness Turned Twill

Pumpkin Spice Cake




 








 4 Harness Twill





Meatballs (we had 2 different kinds!)
Carol's Salad

 
8 Harness Twill

same pattern!
recipe!






 
Taco Dip


Sweet Potato Casserole








8 Harness Color Effect Twill


 










Chocolate Ice Cream Cake with Chocolate Sauce.

Betsy shared her recipe for this sauce (which is truly wonderful!)

1 small can evaporated milk (5 oz.)
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  Microwave milk and syrup to boiling (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.)  Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.  Keep refrigerated.  May be reheated as needed. 

  Believe me!   There are more projects going on in the studio....and there were many more dishes that I did not get pictures of....but, I think you get the idea!  
  Oh, those weavers!  They do have some great recipes!!!!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn
 

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Good gosh! Yummy stuff on all fronts. Please, tell me when you guys are going to do a cookbook for both weaving and edibles? Sign me up for a few!

Tina J said...

All of our favorites side by side!!!