Monday, February 5, 2018

Number 6

I finished the 6th Berenstain bear quilt last night. With the binding finished, it's ready to be stored for when I hear of a baby girl needing a quilt.  It's a busy quilt but that's good for a baby to look at all the colors and butterflies, polka dots and children playing!
This one is so cheerful. I did more quilting on it than some of the others because I like to stitch along seam lines when I use my regular sewing machine.  It looks so cheerful and  bright. Who wouldn't want a quilt like that to bundle up in?
The backing is pure girl. Lots of pink while the games are just as much her as anyone.
Much as I like quilting and I do need to start the blue quilts, I need to take a short break. 

The rugs are off the loom and serged.  There are 14 of them. But, they haven't been hemmed yet so they're stacked on my ironing board. Yesterday I wound a short warp for a few tops and vests. It goes on the loom today. I should have time to hem the rugs this week and hopefully get the warp woven. I've got a few bolts of flannel to cut apart for weft and a box of socklady pieces to cut and loop for weft...you get the picture. Lots to do.

Also, I am starting a new project. I am a featured artist at the Art Market Gallery in Knoxville in April. So I am working on some new things for that which won't be revealed until then. It's a bit of a different look for me and should be fun once the learning curve is done. 

But, baby quilts need to be done as well. There are 2 baby boys due in June and their parents need quilts for them! 
Lots to do and time to enjoy the process.
So, until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

1 comment:

LA said...

Ahhhh.....new project! Tell us more!!!!