Friday, November 3, 2017

Another Day at the Museum

LouAnn and I were demonstrating spinning and Inkle weaving again today at the Museum of Appalachia.   As discussed the last time I posted about it, I brought the clock reel/clock reel/creel/weasel, to be part of the Spinning demonstration.



I happened to have some yarn already spun and on a stick from the very first day I had the wee great wheel.  So I spent a few minutes before the Kindergarteners arrived loading that yarn onto the clock reel so that I could give the kids an idea how this set up would really work.







The kids were really well behaved today, and such a pleasure to see and to talk to, and it was obvious to me that the teachers had taken a little bit of time to prepare these kids for what they were going to be seeing at the Museum today.  That makes all the difference in the world!

Until next time, Happy Spinning and Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

LA said...

We DID have a lovely group of five year olds today! And, I got a lot of weaving done on my newest project!