Thursday, August 31, 2017

In My Mind's Eye


  We had quite a discussion on Tuesday about "outcomes."  You know....you have something you want to weave (or sew) and you can see it in your mind.  You work really hard on your project, and when it's finished, you are disappointed.  It didn't come out the way you envisioned it.  (It's a lot more fun when it comes out even better than you thought it would, right?)
  Case in point:  Tina's shawl.  She has blogged about it, and we saw the first shawl in the series.  After she finished the second shawl, she was not happy with the final results.  It wasn't what she was going for! ( I, on the other hand, thought it was PERFECT!) 
  If you read Sharon's blog (Stitches) today, she is not happy with her newest scarf.  It wasn't what she was expecting...but, I bet it will sell first this Fall!
  I wove this fabric as a sample using Peaches and Cream yarn on the Rigid Heddle loom.    I fell in love with the plaid effect that it creates. 

  This color way isn't producing quite as pleasing a plaid, but I think it will work for what I need.   This is my six yard warp, and I'm just weaving plain weave. 
  Truthfully, I just want to sit down and weave it all at once....but, that is really hard on your back!  I've been watching episodes of Vera on Acorn.  Each one is about 90 minutes....so I take a break about half way through.  I'm just keeping my head down and weaving!!!!
  The ends will be serged, then I'll wet finish it before I start cutting it up for THE PROJECT.
  What IF it doesn't turn out the way I think it will?  I won't know until I try, will I? 
  In my mind's eye I can see it....time will tell if I have 20/20 vision.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

4 comments:

Tina J said...

You know how I love the blue plaid effect on that first warp. We will stay tuned to see how this one washes up.

Theresa said...

Happens to me all the time that it doesn't turn out like I expect, sometimes better, sometimes.....not so much so.

UplayOnline said...

We will stay tuned to see how this one washes up.


หีฟิต

Sharon said...

But the scarf I finished yesterday turned out great, thanks to your tips. I'm rarin' to weave more like it!!!