Thursday, May 18, 2017

Stash

  I admit....I had to giggle when my DIL told my daughter that she was purging her fabric stash...would she like to see if there was anything she'd like to have?  Now, you have to realize that my daughter just started to sew this winter, and has not built up a healthy stash yet, so this was her prime opportunity!!!!
  Stash????  I have more than my fair share!  But, I'm always looking to add a little here and a little there.  Case in point:  a quilter left a donation of two bags of little prints at the Center.  When I saw these two prints, I just knew they would go with the fabric that my daughter had chosen for her purse.  It has now been washed, dried, and ready to go to the cutting table.





  All of the 8/4 that I'm using for the strap is from my stash, also.  I like being able to play with the colors... always looking for just the right combination.
  I'm getting really close to the end of this strap.  The tension knob doesn't have a lot of room left to tighten the warp, so I'll just keep going until I can't go any further!!!  There will be plenty to do what I need to do.
  My goal is to have it ready by Sunday.

Thank goodness for stash!  It's always there when you need it!

Happy Weaving!  and sewing!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

LA, my next post is going to be about stash. I have realized I have FAR too much yarn
and while I'm not ready to purge, many things are in the use it soon or give it away schedule.
Love the inkle weaving, I need more colors for that one type of weaving. Stash should be balanced!

Tina J said...

That strap is looking really good! Can you slip it off of that bottom peg and get a few more inches of wiggle room?