Monday, May 15, 2017

Chocolate

I've been weaving the color chocolate this past week. This looks so boring but it's not. My studio is the renovated garage. Ceiling in the back part where my looms are, is not much more than 6 feet. My being short works! The ceiling is filled with duct work. When they were doing the ceiling, I told them to put fluorescent lights wherever they could. They did. It's a nice bright space and I don't need any Ott lights like I did in the other space. However, because of that, I'm thinking, I can't get a good picture of the fabric on the loom. It's not washed out. It's a rich chocolate.
I was going to weave rugs after that warp but as I was putting some cones away, I saw this cone of yarn. I'm not sure where I got it but it spoke to me. It needed to be woven. I have extra chocolate for weft.
So I dug through my stash and found warp yarns. See that chocolate yarn? That's what the first picture should have been color wise.
It's on the loom. Pictures next week!
Until then, keep weaving!
Carol

3 comments:

Tina J said...

I love that grouping of colors, do take a picture of it on the loom.

LA said...

Isn't it funny when one cone will catch our fancy...and the rest just fall into line!!! Looking forward to seeing your warp.

Theresa said...

Love the chocolate weaving!