Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It's That Time of Year!

 It's Spring time in East Tennessee, and the dogwoods are blooming.  That means it's time for the Dogwood Arts Festival, which runs the whole month of April. 
  The Center is joining in the fun with an open studios this Saturday and Sunday.  Some of our weavers will be on hand to weave along with other artists here at the Center.
  On Sunday, the Center is sponsoring a Community Arts Festival with artwork from local schools.  All kinds of activities are planned for folks to try.

  If you're in the neighborhood this Sunday, plan on stopping by between 1-5 p.m.

  Of course, that also means that it is time for a little spring cleaning!!!

  As readers of this blog already know, it's a little crowded in this space.  This is my view of the room with the Pups neatly folded and put away.  But, led by those with great skills, there was much cleaning and organizing going on in the Studio today.  We're still working on our library, and those shelves are chock full of books, magazines and notebooks on weaving and fiber arts.  That's a true labor of love!!!
  Thankfully we have people who love a challenge!


  But, some things just needed to get done!
  We finished getting the new rug warp wound on Carl's loom before lunch.  He had it tied on the front bar and was ready to leave before we left for the day.  He even cut some more blue jean strips to use for weft next week!







  And, Karin even had time to start a towel before we left. 

Don't get me wrong, this was not all the weaving going on today....it's just all I got pictures of since I wanted to get my reed sleyed!!!  Maybe next week will be calmer (but, I doubt it!!!)

Get out there and enjoy Spring where you are....I hope the dogwoods are blooming!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I love the pattern on Karin's towel, I may have to give that one a go on my 8 own shaft!

Theresa said...

Look at all those pretty pups! I hope it is a wonderful festival and open studio this weekend. No dogwoods blooming yet, end of the month or May. We've lost a few over the years. These wild native ones are beautiful but not long lived.