Friday, November 6, 2015

Not My Regular Schedule

I wore the same clothes 4 days in a row this week.  (No my washing machine is working just fine.)  What I was wearing for those 4 days in a row, was my painting clothes, a pair of really old overalls, and a  long sleeve henley shirt that has seen better days.  The time had come to paint the new porch, and we had to hurry if we wanted to beat the rain and cooler temps!

I started on Monday afternoon and worked steadily thru every day until yesterday afternoon.  Finally, we decided that we had done all we could do, and I painted the floor.


The leaves have already begun to reclaim their territory.  We will wait until tomorrow afternoon to put the furniture back on the porch.  I was so glad to be done!  (Well, technically I am not really done.  There are a few spots I will need to take care of the next time we have a warm dry spell, but I am not sure when that will be!)







I was glad to be going back to the Museum of Appalachia with Lou Ann today.  We pretty much have it down to a science.   Now that she is in the same room I am, we have a little back and forth going for our presentation.

Many of you have seen the pictures of the porch that I spin on, and of the loom house where Lou Ann spends her time in the summer months.  However, I realized today that I had never posted pictures of the rest of the cabin!


 Well, I guess you may have seen pictures of the keeping room.  There is plenty of room here for school kiddos to come crowding around our station, just waiting for our pearls of wisdom.
Today there was a fire in the fireplace though we really didn't need one.  Which is why we set up way on the other side of the room!
 Here is a really good picture of the trundle bed that is in that same room.
 Back outside there are stairs that lead to the bedrooms upstairs, though we know that these stairs were not original to the cabin.  There was a ladder that the children used to get up to bed, possible from the inside of the house.
 Here is the "girls room"
 There is also a room for the boys.  With 9 children in the family there was a  lot of beds to take care of!
Back downstairs, this is the kitchen with it's own fireplace.  Lou Ann and I have been thinking about setting up in the kitchen the next time we have a museum day, and maybe taking something to cook on the fire!

We have tossed around some ideas, but we haven't made up our minds yet.
The weekend before I had to paint the porch, we had to take down a couple of dead trees on our property, and that took 2 whole days.  Needless to say, I got no weaving related/ show related projects worked on, let alone done!  I may see what I can get done today now that I am back home from the museum, and before I need to get some sort of dinner on.  I should at least be able to serge the first dozen place mats I finished 2 weeks ago!

Until next time, Happy Crafting, Tina

2 comments:

LA said...

I'm sure we can come up with something to "cook" in the kitchen one morning! It seems a shame not to call attention to some of the cool items in that area.

Theresa said...

I'm guessing it won't be s'mores.....;-) Pity!