Friday, November 13, 2015

Fine Tuning

Everything is a mess up here in the studio, as I fine tune the small articles I am bringing to the show.  I had taken some key chains to the center last Tuesday, I had made out of an inkle woven band I had finished.  I already knew that I wasn't happy with the findings I was using, and I thought I knew what I needed to change. 
Turns out, I needed to go in a different direction totally.  I had caught sight. yesterday, of something my daughter had her keys on, and I decided that I liked that approach better.  I went to the local store and searched until I found some new findings to complete what I had on hand.

 The keychain on the left has a ribbon crimp, (that is too big) and a dinky jump ring and a normal key ring.  I had thought that I just needed to replace the jump ring with something more substantial. 

However, when I saw the claw clip on my daughters key ring, I was convinced that it was a winner.  I added a second heavier key ring and sewed it on the sewing machine after I used some machine stay stitching and fabric glue to stabilize the ends.

I really like this new key chain idea,  I can see me doing much longer bands too, since that seems to be all the rage right now.  I am adding that to my plans for next year.

Until next week, Happy Crafting, Tina

1 comment:

LA said...

I hadn't seen key rings with the double ring....that's a great idea. I'm glad you were able to find the pieces for them.