Thursday, October 15, 2015

Reflections

  There were many great moments during the four days of Homecoming at the Museum of Appalachia, but this one was the BEST!
  Last year at Homecoming, I met Jeff....he's from New York, and he plays the bag pipes.  He didn't have them with him last year, but, he remembered our conversation, and brought his wee pipes to play for me this year.
  YES....I was serenaded in the Loom House!!!!  He played the "Piper's Waltz" and "Scotland the Brave" just for me!  He promises to come back next year and play some more for me.  I have requested "The Skye Boat Song" and Loch Lomond. 

  Another first occurred at Homecoming:  I was asked to autograph the tags on my mug rugs!  I do enjoy using overshot patterns to make mug rugs, and a lady wanted me to sign the tag and write the name of the pattern I used on the ones she bought. 


We had such a great selection of placemats to sell....but we didn't sell very many.  This also means that we'll have a good variety to take to the Foothills show in November. 
  Although the set-up was very simple, I think it was very effective.  We get new ideas every year, and each show just gets better and better.
  By the way:  we took 38 straw loom kits for the weekend.  We brought back 5!!!!!
  Did I mention that it rained Saturday morning?  It was supposed to be one of those days that the clouds would move out, and the sun would come out and turn into a glorious day.  It did stop raining early, but the clouds just didn't move along like they should have!!!!  It wasn't cold....just a little chilly.....and I wish I had taken a sweater or a shawl with me. 
  I think these yarns might make a delicious shawl for chilly days....what do you think????

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I had a bagpipe chanter once, could never get the hang of it. Lucky you having your own bagpiper!!!! I would think that all the items should be signed and list the pattern and fiber content. I always ask when I buy a handcrafted item that it be signed if it is not, and dated.