Thursday, October 1, 2015

More

Yes, more kits!
  This time next week, the Tuesday Weavers will be neck deep in Student Day for the Fall Homecoming at the Museum of Appalachia.  I'll be weaving in the Loom House while Tina spins on the porch at the Peter's Cabin.  The weavers will be inside that cabin while lots and lots of folks come through, and hopefully, buy some of our handwoven products. 
  Straw Loom kits are always a big seller.  Thanks to Roz, we got a lot of the straws threaded and ready to go in the kits.  I'm finishing up the last of the yard balls to go inside.  We should be set for next week!



 I finished hemming my set of a dozen placemats, and took them to the Center on Tuesday.  That also means I got to move my sticker to the TOP of the sheet!!!  All I lack now is getting the tags on them and starting my inventory sheet. 
  Now that I have my "new to me" Bernina, hemming handwovens should be a lot easier.  She doesn't moan or groan or clank as the fabric goes through!!!
  I have some huck placemats on one of the Pups, and if I get a chance, I'd like to finish some of them for the sale.  But, there is that stack of projects waiting for finishing that I should do first.  We'll see how the weekend goes....





  I snapped this picture last night on the Panda Cam.  I just can't believe how big this cutie has gotten!  The Smithsonian released this statement:

"In celebration of the state visit on Sept. 25, First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, and First Lady of the People's Republic of China, Peng Liyuan, visited the Zoo to bestow a special honor on our new panda cub: his name! Bei Bei means "precious, treasure" in Chinese and is complementary to his sister's name, Bao Bao. Mrs. Obama and Madame Peng's visit commemorated more than four decades of giant panda conservation and science collaboration between the U.S. and China."

  Bei Bei has been a treasure to watch, that's for sure! 
Now, if I only had more time to watch the Panda Cam.........

Happy Weaving (and finishing!)
LouAnn

No comments: