Thursday, July 2, 2015

Outside Plans

  Only If You Are A Duck!!!!

  We seem to be making up for the lack of rain in June....it's a good day to get things done in the house!



  The forecast for the next few days gets a little brighter, though.  There's only a 50% chance of rain for Saturday!  And, by Sunday (when the kids and I are grilling out) there is only a 30% chance of showers!



   Tina and I will be at the Museum of Appalachia for the Fourth of July Anvil Shoot and Celebration.  Besides the Anvil Shoot, there is a big ceremony at noon led by the Sons of the Revolution.

  Tina will have her little red spinning wheel, and I'll be weaving on the Rocker Beater loom.  I have a warp for more placemats on that sweet old loom!

  I'm going to get my go-bag ready for the Museum this afternoon.  I want to make sure I have plenty of weft ready to weave!


Here at the house, I'm weaving on the Simply Elegant huck lace mats.  Neutral colors are always a good bet.

Weaving this huck lace is just fun to do!





The tiger lilies are putting on quite a show this year.  I have a huge clump that has come up, and finally they are starting to bloom.  But, with all the rain, you almost have to get under them to see all the glory.






donated object
picture taken from the internet
















I was really hoping we would get a response from someone out in blog land about our donated object.  It reminds me of the peg looms I have seen online, but the pegs do not have holes for warp threads.  Maybe this will jog someone's memory.
I wish all of you a Happy and Safe 4th of July weekend!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Maggie said...

At least it's nice and cool!

Theresa said...

Oh send us some of that rain! Too bad you can't. The winds just don't travel that way. Have fun this weekend! Stay dry and cool.