Friday, April 10, 2015

Sample

This week was the week I got a sample warp on the loom.  I am using the Sears Hearthside loom this time, even though it does still have some issues, like the back beam will fall out of the loom if you look at it sideways!

My client is choosing between two warp colors and two treadling patterns.  I have put enough warp on the loom to do a smallish sample of each color and pattern all at the same time.

 Warp on cantankerous back beam
I will be cutting the strips for the samples from the sleeves from these t shirts.  I am probably going to have to go thrifting to round out the blues and greens collection in the pile as it is.







The plan is to do a gradual shift in colors from light to dark over the face of a 3 panel rug.  I always did like a challenge.   I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…….

Until next time, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina








2 comments:

LA said...

So...you're going with t-shirts instead of loopers? Either way, it will be a great rug!

Theresa said...

Have fun! Love the idea of those subtle color changes.