Thursday, April 9, 2015

Dogwood Time

  YES....it's Dogwood time in Tennessee!
  These showy white blossoms decorate many yards and the woodlands here in the southeast.  In our area, they are the reason for a festival!
  The Dogwood Arts Festival started this week, and there are trails all over the Knoxville area to drive, bike and walk through.  In addition, there are exhibits and events scheduled during the next couple of weeks.
  If you'd like to read more about the Festival, here is their website:

Dogwood Arts



  The Appalachian Arts Craft Center is taking part in the Studio Tour this weekend.  Since I'm not weaving on one of the looms in our studio, I warped up my rigid heddle for an oven mitt to demonstrate weaving.  I'm also going to warp my Inkle loom to have with me.  Just like at the Museum, you never know who you will meet when you demonstrate!










  And, slowly, but surely, I'm getting the hems serged on my challenge place mats.  Here's the proof!!!!

  With the switch to warmer weather, I've been taking the house plants outside, and trimming up some of the shrubs.  The poinsettias are going out tomorrow, and getting their yearly clip.  They have gotten really leggy this winter!

  We just need to keep our eye out on the weather....we always get a little Dogwood winter this time of year!  I may be hauling everything BACK inside!!!!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn



1 comment:

Theresa said...

Dogwoods are one of my favorites too. Against the endless forest of evergreens here, they stand out, delicate and mysterious, like dappled sunlight. Love those placemats!