Friday, June 7, 2013

More Color!

I have that fleece from last week all dyed and ready to comb!  The colors, while maybe not exactly what I would have planned are really great!

 These first set of pictures are after the first dye bath.  One of the greens and one of the blues broke, or separated during the dyeing process.

I saw that there was teal in that red and blue mess, and that there was a bright green in that mossy scummy mess.  I also thought that the first teal and leaf green really were not dark enough.

So I set up a new dye bath for those first, and I stuck a lock or two from the "broken batches" in with the "good batches".   By this time I had the crock pot going and a couple of pots on the stove!


I saw that the over dyeing was a success!  I proceeded to overdye the remainder of the fleece and this is the final picture of completed process.  You can see how much richer the colors are!  I am very pleased!




Now I get to comb this fleece, using my Viking Combs.  I will comb it all in separate batches and I will probably combing the blues in the spinning process, and combine the greens somehow in their turn.


After all that life got very busy, so there hasn't been much weaving this week.  I have been spinning in those spare moments that crop up during the day, training for the Tour de Fleece 2013 you know!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Spinning and Dyeing, Tina

4 comments:

LA said...

The final colors are really rich! It's going to be interesting to see how you spin this lovely fiber!

Maggie said...

Really beautiful! Almost makes me want to spin! Almost...

Bonnie said...

If I had time, I would love to learn how to spin. Maybe sometime. Beautiful colors, would look great spun together and mixed.

Theresa said...

Wow, you got some beautiful saturated colors for sure. I can see someone is going to have a ton of spinning fun!