Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Windy Tuesday

Although we had a full house today, I only took a few pictures!  But, I'll try to give you an idea of what all we had going on today.  It's a very windy day here in East Tennessee, and the leaves are flying everywhere!

  We have our Dyeing Weekend coming up, so there was lots of conversations about winding warps for that.  We also covered the bases for what we're going to eat...that's VERY important!!!!  (Ila and Bonnie brought us goodies this morning:  homemade brownies and biscuits & blackberry jam!  YUM!)







Bonnie was busy knotting her fringes on the rugs she cut off last week.  Those looper rugs feel so good under your tootsies!











Tina was busy winding a 10 yard multi-color warp for "Bessie."  These make nice placemats and table runners.  It's also a great way to use up all the small cones of carpet warp we have in the crate!








Carl got to the end of his warp, and today was the day to cut it off!  There were 19 placemats (plus a short mat) on that warp.  You can see the roll around the cloth beam!!!


I can't believe I didn't get the shot of Marta cutting off her warp today!  I was ready to take the shot, but she had to hem the last runner..........





Trudy, our new weaver, finished threading the heddles today, and was ready to start on the reed.  She'll be weaving next week!!!!

There's a lot to do before our weaving retreat....but we'll post pictures this weekend.  In the meantime, batten down the hatches for our windy evening ahead!
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I have never seen so many cars in the parking lot. I was one of the last to arrive I suppose. It really is fun when we are almost all there. I can't wait for this weekend, I am going to skein off a bunch of that gauze we liked so much last time.

Bonnie said...

I will miss all the fun on Saturday dying. We will have to do it again. We are having some severe weather across east TN.