Friday, November 27, 2009

Smoky Mountain River Warp


This is all my favorite colors all in one warp! I got all my blues together and just got started. This is a 22 yard warp, pretty long for me. I should get many rag rugs out of this one, if all goes well.
I like to use 12 epi, so that I have a good thick fringe or thick hem.

I used a roll of thick paper I got at the big box store to go between the layers of warp, I usually use sticks but I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough room on the beam for that long warp! I hope it holds all in place.
I first used a complicated threading based on a rug I saw in a book, but when I started weaving I was reminded once again that a multicolored warp needs just plain old plain weave to shine, so that is what this weeks chore is going to be, rethreading and sleying this warp.
(I am also half way thru the Tuesday Weavers challenge, more on that after the reveal)
Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

LA said...

Those blues are just beautiful! It's the colors of the mountains just before the sun sets! What are you using for weft? Fabric strips? I think this will be a fun warp to play with.
LA

Tina J said...

I am going to try jeans, fabric and maybe roving. With 22 yards, I just need to see what works and stick with it!

Bonnie said...

That will be wonderful with the jean fabric.