Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Warps in Progress
There were 3 new warps making there way from the warping boards to the looms today. Liz #2 is going to be rep weaving placemats. She has never done it before and is eager to get to it!
Shannon has a very fine and sticky warp going on her loom for fabric I think. She wished me to thank Pearl, Patty and myself for helping her persevere in getting this cranky yet beautiful yarn tamed and on the back beam!
Laura is at the beginning stages of getting her warp on the baby Macomber.
We have a new student, Mary, and she has wound her first warp. I did not manage to get a picture of the warp making it to the loom, but I am sure that next week we will be able to catch up with it.
Wendy has a great eye for color and design!
How about some fabric? Susan #2 is making great progress on her mixed warp plainweave.
Linda has found a pattern she is enjoying!
Rhonda has switched to navy weft for this next blanket.
Okay folks, it is time for Show and Tell! Shannon went to the Crafters yard sale in Asheville this week and came home with some treasures! A couple of reeds, some spinning fiber and some colorful leather to trim the bags she loves to make.
Rhonda has been using up some handwoven fabric to make a drink cozi that could be used for a mug or a glass!
Patty made a small bag this week with a scarf that was too heavy to be a scarf! She also brought in a top project that she deemed was a fail, though many thought it had possibilities.
I also had a couple of things for show and tell and as usual they also qualify for the "What are you waiting for" Challenge! During the Tour de France my online guild has what we call the Tour de Fleece! Everyone makes their own goals, mine is to de-hair as much of my Nigora fleeces as possible. I had 8 tubs of fleece, before the tour started I had already emptied 1 tub, during the men's race I emptied another one and am close to finishing 2 more. I hope to get them done before the womens race starts next week. I also, got my nerve up and finished taking in the Chemise that my friend LouAnn made for me several years ago for my Museum costume. At the time we both agreed that it was too large and now it is done. I am making some lace to go around the neck but that is an extra.
That is all for today, tune in next week for more fun! Until then this is Tina, for all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment