Over the Weekend I recieved pictures that were taken on the first day of September Dye Days. On these days the Dyers take warps and wefts that were wound previously, usually in Bamboo and in Cotton, and they were also pretreated with a mordent, so that they would accept the dye. (soda ash, I think). Carol, Jenny, Judy, Mark and Patty worked hard on Friday. I need to get a list of the weavers that came on Saturday, I will add them here when I do.
When I walked in the door this morning, I found many Dyers were busy rinsing the final warps and skeins. There were skeins and warps in buckets in the Kitchen and also in the bathroom!
There were also lovely warps and skeins on drying racks outside, Barbara was checking on these to see if they were dry yet.
That's not all! Show and Tell was full of dye day beauties, so let's get to it! Jenny brought in 4 skeins of yarn that she had dyed this weekend and also a handspun, handknit sweater she had recently finished.
Shannon brought in a scarf she had made from some of Sharon's stash yarn. It is so soft and the fringe especially!
Patty wove another scarf, and found that she had to beat a little firmer than usual to have the pattern show up like she wanted it to.
Pat made a shirt and a cap from some of her handwoven fabric. She is really going to all lengths to help add to our building fund!
Mark has a couple of skeins of yarn that he dyed on Friday and a baby blanket for the new Granddaughter!
Judy brought in some yarn that she too dyed on Friday!
Well done Weavers! Now back to the Center projects today. This morning Pat was getting close to finishing her rug warp on the old barn loom and by the end of the day she had cut it off of the loom and layed out 9 rugs! She has already chosen the colors for the next warp!
Liz finished a long warp of placemats and is planning a warp for Napkins to compliment them.
I too finished a project and brought it in today. These are the cards that I have made from bobbin lace. They will be sold at the Fall show in November to benefit our building fund.
I also made some progress on the sectional warp beam from last week. I went from 3 sections wound to 12 sections wound.
Hopefully I will finish it next week and get ready to do the same on Laura's loom. That is all for today, I hope you have a great rest of the week, Tina for all