Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Off Again, On Again

A couple of weeks ago I had to leave the Weaving Center early, and they sent me a picture of Pat and her helpers taking rugs off of the old Barn Loom.
Last week, Pat began winding the warp onto the old warp beam and today she is tying the warp onto the front apron and she will be weaving before lunch.
Linda was absent the day I would have done her interview and she reminded me of that fact when I was taking the picture of a new warp on her loom. So I asked her how she found the Weaving Center. She told me that one year she went to the Foothills Guilds Fall Craft Show and bought some placemats for gifts and for herself. She got to looking at the placemats and decided it would be a fun thing to learn how to do that herself, so she started taking the classes and like so many others, they just can't get rid of her!
Samantha too had been absent the week I interviewed the table loom crew. I found out today that Samantha grew up right down the street in Norris and she remembers coming to the Center with her Mom when it was across the street, and she remembers using the outhouse! Samantha is going to be weaving runners with bits of lace and plainweave.
Paul is checking and rechecking the threading on his project. Last week he thought it was all good to go, but found that there was an error somewhere in the threading, so out it all came to try again. (Pearl is photo bombing!)
Week by week there are finished projects coming off of the looms and new projects being planned, wound and loaded onto the looms. Thanks for checking the blog out today, we appreciate the company. Tina, for all!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

It is a gratifying thing to follow all my fellow weavers and their projects through this blog. Even though we see each other on Tuesdays across the room, or a chance pause passing their loom, it is not always easy to keep abreast of one another. A blog is a super method of connecting but it is a big burden for the blogger. I appreciate it. I know we all do. Thank you, Tina, for stepping in Lou Ann’s role so that we weavers have yet another opportunity to bond.