Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Quiet Day at the Center

It was a quiet day at the Center today.  Several weavers were playing hooky, but that doesn't mean that we were not busy!

When I first walked in I found Marie using her new photo skills, staging some mock ups for an upcoming project that I am not sure we have announced yet, so I will say no more!



Then I found that Laura, one of our new weavers had finished her warp and was grabbing the scissors to cut it off.  I got there just in time!

I was looking at her project and all of the other projects in the room, when I was struck once again on how the choice of weft influences the final fabric.





 I don't know what weft Liz will use on this warp but the possibilities are numerous!














The white warp is brought wonderfully to life by Alice's choice of  a purple weft.



















The soft blue and white fabric used in this project soften the often harsh black warp.






 I love the white mixed in with the orange on this loom, you never know when it is going to show up.














The brighter blues on a black warp in this placemat project, that Marilyn is working on is one of my favorite combinations!














Anna is weaving with a soft white weft on a brown and white warp in a simple twill pattern.  I think she used red the first time around, but I don't have a picture of that handy.  Maybe once this warp comes off of the loom we can compare.










While all of this was going on Charlotte began to strip some fabric that she had found in the annex I think.  She wanted to weave placemats and asked what color warp she should use, we told her that there would be many colors that would work well with that fabric.













Carol had a beautiful show and tell to bring in today.  This is the fabric that she is going to use when she takes a class this summer at the Midwest weavers conference.


The fabric just keeps going!  We all thought it was beautiful, and this photo does not do it justice.

At lunch time I was asked how many key chains we already have ready for next summers conference.  After lunch was over, I pulled out the bins and I found that we have 100 keychains that are sewn and ready and enough bands woven to make another 240.  We are a long way from the minimum of 1800, but there are a lot of us working at it now and bit by bit we will get it done.

That is it for now,  I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of our day, so until next Tuesday, just keep on Weaving.  Tina





1 comment:

LA said...

So many lovely warps on the looms!!!!