Thursday, January 18, 2018

In Praise of Grilled Cheese and Wool Socks!

  Yep....the south was hit with another snow storm.  It blew in from Texas and danced up the eastern seaboard bringing snow and ice to some places that had not seen such weather in ages.  We have not been above freezing in a few days, which is a little unusual around here!
  That means COMFORT FOOD!!!!
For some reason I really wanted a grilled cheese sandwich.  Me and a million of my best friends hit the store Monday looking for bread (I already had milk and TP.)  To properly prepare for a storm, you must have these basic supplies...just add cat food and coffee to my list!
  I haven't had a grilled cheese in years, and this really hit the spot.  The chili just added the icing to the cake. 

  I finished the multi-color apron.  Of course, then I found I had set the pocket too high.  So, out came the seam ripper....what would I do without my seam ripper?  That apron is down beside the sewing machine waiting for me to change the thread.
  Yes....I have denim blue thread on the machine right now.
  Yes....that's a denim skirt on the cutting board.  And, that's my new apron pattern pinned to the skirt.  (This was my favorite skirt for many, many years....I couldn't part with it!  Now, it will be my favorite apron!)  It's about half way finished at this point....and, I'm looking at my pocket "collection" to see which ones I can use.  Fun!!!
  Wool Socks....the only way to survive this weather!  I really hate to have cold feet!  They are the comfort food for the body, I decided. 
  Tomorrow will be better....my driveway should be thawed by then.  It will be nice to get out for awhile.  I may treat myself to lunch out....no grilled cheese!!!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Great recycle of a loved garment! Have you seen the Urth sock yarn Uneek? OMG beautiful and unusual self striping in oh so soft wool. I'm in love and we know how often I knit socks!
Stay warm and safe.

Tina J said...

I can't wait to see the denim apron when it is finished! It was fun having lunch out with you today, you could probably tell I hadn't read the post yet!