Monday, August 29, 2016

Another One Checked Off!

My mind's been on bobbin lace a lot lately. I don't have much time to make any but enjoy it while I do. It's slow. About a square inch an hour. Every year we have a teacher come from California to teach us. We have 3 days but it takes time to finish the little pieces. I had 3 pieces I wanted framed. During our CAAS convention, I gave  3 pieces to a friend to take back to Texas to frame.
They came back while I was in Canada.
I love how she follows the outline of the lace with colors that are absolutely perfect.
The hedgehog is the mascot of bobbin lace so I had to make it!!
This year was the bluebonnet.
The only piece I needed to finish asap was my teapot. I needed to mail it today for her to frame. She retires soon so if I wanted to have it framed, now was the time. So this weekend I bit the bullet and spent the needed time to get it finished.
The cup and saucer were finished a couple of years ago. Now they're both done and on the way to Texas. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's done.
I still have a pansy that needs leaves and a few other tweaks....and then that half done second seahorse. I have plenty to do when I make lace.
However, this week it's back to weaving. Probably a black warp will be next. I need some tops for inventory. Time to get serious.
Until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

4 comments:

LA said...

Simply beautiful lace pieces!!!

Linda said...

How wonderful they look!

Tina J said...

I've been thinking about my pillow and bobbins this week, I loved doing it, but it fell by the way last fall. I am going on a retreat this weekend, maybe I will take it along.

Theresa said...

OMG, those are so beautiful! And the framing certainly makes the piece.