Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy New Year!

So....is it the year of the sheep?  ram?  or goat?

  Since the powers that be are still debating that point, let's call it the "Year of Fiber!"  Of course, for those of us that are addicted, it's always the year of the fiber!!!!

  I've been trying to sort my fiber stash, and get it in a more usable order.  For instance, I know I have some natural wool yarn that was given to me years ago.  I am trying to put together 3 different natural colors to make a band on the tape loom.  Shearing Day is April 24 at the Museum of Appalachia, and there will be several school groups there for the event.  With the tape loom, I can be weaving down where all the action will be!
  The good thing about sorting all the fiber is finding yarns you had forgotten about.  The bad thing about sorting fiber is finding yarns you had forgotten about!!!!


  Playing with fiber is a good thing to do while you're stuck inside.  Although my street is clear, my driveway is a sheet of snow covered ice.  There is one little spot that melted off this afternoon, but, I thought I'd wait until tomorrow afternoon to get out.  That will be the last opportunity until next week since there is another system on the way.
  At the top of my list for tomorrow is getting sunflower seeds for the feeders.  The birds have provided a lot of viewing pleasure!
 
  I have cut more fabric strips for my place mats, and weave a little at a time (although I should be done if I'd just sit down and do it!!!) 

  Let's celebrate this Year of the Sheep Fiber, and work through some of our stash.   Sounds like a good idea, huh?

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh, I'm all for a Year of the Fiber. I just bought some dyed peele cotton that can b added into a warp for an ikat effect. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)
Stay warm and dry and be darn careful on that ice. That is the worse thing about winter.